(Courtesy of Soundwave)
click him to go to a Transformers site
- The Fall
- Rhino Records
- Purveyors of very serious
music. (Stop laughing. I see you laughing.)
- Rounder Records, includes subsidiaries
(Heartbeat, Corason, etc...)
- Atavistic Records, Home of the Scissor
Girls, Glenn Branca, Elliot Sharp, and Crescent. Woo Hoo!
- Anomalous Records:
Noise, 20th Century classical, early & modern electronic compositions
- Modern electronica/industrial/fun
- Say "hi" to Danielle at Goldenvoice.
- The All-Music Guide, your #1 repository
for useless, yet expansive musical knowledge.
- The Cows or The Unofficial Cows.
- A very limited Scissor Girls page.
- Looking for sound (crea/manipula/destruc/transfigura)tion software?
Try the Cal Arts website. Thank you Cal Arts
- Harmony Central, a good source
for up to date reviews and news about software and gear for musicians (eww,
the M-word) . Too much emphasis on crappy "workstation" style production,
but nevertheless, a good resource.
- Mego records: Home of the Farmer's Manual,
- Orangator, is my favorite sound program of all. You can make noises with
this that you never thought possible. Load your Orangator samples into Granulab
for *really* crazy results. I don't care how far computers evolve, I will
always make a port of Orangator to whatever new platform they come up with
- If you're interested in the whole "tracker" method of producing
music, check out both United Trackers
and Maz Sound.
- Buda Musique, the label that gave
us the Ethiopiques compilations. Kiss the ground they walk on, knave.